If you’ve lived in California long enough, you’ll be nodding & laughing as you read down the list of only in Southern California Christmas Traditions:
– If you go see the lights in Naples – it’s worth the drive to Belmont Shore to see the gorgeous lights that deck the houses lining the harbor & canals.
I love the one with the leg lamp.
– If on Christmas morning, when you go outside to get the newspaper or greet your family, you are in a t-shirt, shorts & sandals.
– If your family heads to the beach to make “sand angels” or “sand men”.
– If you make an evening of the Newport Boat Parade – boats parade by loaded in lights with ridiculous & funny themes.
– If weather people are telling you it’s “freezing” when it’s actually 60-50 degrees outside. This video from Jimmy Kimmel (SERIOUSLY WATCH THIS) is hilarious & puts us in our place. We’ve got it easy (Disclaimer: as I type this I’m wrapped in a blanket with a heater on my feet and, yeah, it’s 59 outside – freezing).
– If you’ve wrapped more palm trees in Christmas lights than actual Christmas trees.
– If you try to wear the new sweater or pair of boots you got for Christmas and end up sweating just because you are stubbornly determined to wear your Christmas clothes on Christmas.
– If your version of a “White Christmas” is the “snow” at Disneyland. It’s our only shot at that dream and we’ll take what we can get. And ya know what else, it’s pretty darn great.
– If you go into Target and there are bathing suits next to the winter coats (it’s ridiculous, don’t they know it’s freezing?).
– If you’ve seen a Santa surfing.
– If you go to the store to BUY pine-cones.
– If you need sunglasses on Christmas day.
– If you hold out hope every year, despite all odds, that it just might, maybe, ya never know, snow (it won’t, but who knows).
– If you are literally having to dream of a White Christmas.
– If you’re reading a hilarious mortuary blog ; ) you wierdie you.
Did we miss any?
Which of these have you experienced?